Saturday, August 14, 2010

Movie Time for Better Health

Want to watch  some “food flicks" to give us “food for thought?” These movies help us understand manufacturing and food growing practices in a new light, hopefully giving us a new and improved way to look at how we eat.

Michael Pollan and Eric Schlosser reveal the shady practices of food processors (another reason to eat whole fresh food) in Food, Inc. (This certainly doesn’t surprise me at all considering what the FDA lets manufacturers get away with….remember HFCS and trans fats?)

The End of the Line examines the way we consume fish and what that means for the environment. (A few weeks ago I gave you the full big scoop on the positives on fish for good health but I have not seen this movie myself so I am not sure where this movie really takes you.)

Another movie is called Dirt! The Movie which reveals how as people become nutritionally deficient, it’s no wonder they are finding out that it it partly caused by the soil in which we grow our food, so no big surprise there to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment