Thursday, February 10, 2011

Procrastination


It's well into February. How have you done with your New Year's Resolution? I'm sure many of you have gotten ahead and are moving forward.but I'm also sure of you some of you are lagging and still procrastinating.

When I think of procrastination I think of an old blog I read (I can't remember the author). “It’s a dream destroyer. It's like a big bomb exploding violently on our personal goals. The things we deeply cherish go . Boom!!! After the explosion, all that's left is regrets. Regrets make us tremble inside. It's an internal earthquake that leaves us feeling empty deep inside our core.”

For years I was held in its snake-like grip of death around my weight issues. It stole my soul, it emptied my checkbook (tried and failed diet programs) and came close to destroying my health. Luckily. I finally "came to" and made the needed changes in my life to lose and then maintain my weight now for 20 years.

So just what will happen if you don't star making some changes change?  How will you really feel being in this exact same place two years from now? Five years from now? Are you honestly willing to accept the consequences of what not taking action will result in? So are you just going to remain right where you are feeling stuck and hopeless? 

The answer to procrastination is focus and being pro-active with the changes you need to make to be successful long-term. With these elements in mind you will regain your health, your fitness level,  your self-confidence and self-esteem. Reread some of my older blogs SMART goals if you need to start taking those first few steps.This is your choice!

Readers, please share how you over came your procrastination in this area. I haven't heard from many of you in awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment