Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Problem Solving your Weight Loss Challenges - 2

The other day I started discussing how to problem solve your dieting challenges. I reviewed isolating the real problem first. You can't fix a challenge if you honestly do not know what it is! So the next step is to find the solution. To do this ask yourself (and maybe others) more questions, as honestly as you can:
  • How can I get what I need/want? What could I do to handle this better? What could I do to make this work? Can anyone help? Who? How? Do I need support from someone? How do I get it? How do I ask? Do I need to be more effective in the style in which I communicate and assert my needs and wants? Do I need more information to help me in this situation?
  • Am I being as honest and truthful to myself and others regarding this situation? Are my thoughts and solutions rational and realistic?
  • And this may be the most challenging one, and difficult to do; is my challenge one of those  situations where I need to "let go?" Am I willing to do so?  You might have to ask yourself, would I rather be happy or "right?"
In a few days we’ll work on the action part of solving your weight loss problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment