Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"Some Me of Beauty"

The other day I blogged about how you might feel with success or failure regarding facing holiday temptations and some of your feelings around it. It reminded me of this poem by Carolyn Rogers. Men, this relates to you too even though it's aimed at women in particular.

Sometimes when we are overweight we only look at the the negative exterior and criticize all what we do not like, inside and out, which is hard on your self-esteem. But then as we are losing weight  we may start to really to see our outer beauty as well as what's inside  Don't ever ever forget you have that inner beauty each and every one of you, heavy or thin. Don't let your exterior make you forget what really matters inside of you. 

Some Me of Beauty
 A Poem by Carolyn Rodgers

I took a good long look at myself in a full length mirror
Sometimes it’s good to look in a full length mirror
And what I saw was not some soul sister poetess of the moment
But I saw just a woman
Just a woman feeling
Just a woman human
And what I felt was
What I felt was a spiritual revelation
And what I felt was a root revival of some love coming on
Coming on strong
And I knew then, looking in a full length mirror,
That many things were over
And some me of beauty was about to begin


No comments:

Post a Comment