Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Words from the Wise Doctor

The doctor here I am referring to here is Andrew Weil, MD, who is noted  for his integrative approaches to healing.. To quote him directly, the main tenet of this approach to healing, "... is that the body has an incredible capacity to regulate and heal itself, and good medicine should begin with the assumption that the body can and wants to be healthy. To that end, we should always consider natural, less expensive treatments first."

He and I  both agree that generally a balanced lifestyle, adequate sleep, good nutrition basics, exercise, and the use of more natural modalities should come first for healing.. Even though my speciality has been weight loss I also have been trained in nutrition to help "support" the healing process with the more predominant health conditions of today.

 It is my greatest wish in my lifetime to see both Western Medicine and more holistic health care to really come together in this endeavor.

Readers please let me know what your views on this. Do you think it's even possible? Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment