Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Negative Affirmations


Awhile back after reading Michael Losier’s book, Law of Attraction I learned that an affirmation frequently won’t work because there is doubt or disbelief in it even if it sounds positive.  

An example Losier gave for losing weight was very specific. He suggested not saying, “I weigh 130 pounds (if you weigh 180).” Your conscious mind knows for a fact  you weigh180 instead of 130 and the brain mentally fights with the incorrect thought and makes you possibly feel even more negative about your weight loss efforts.

So what do you say then? Losier suggests, “I’m in the process of weighing 130.” Notice how different that actually feels?  The fact is you are in the process of losing weight whether you weigh 180, 150, or 135. As long as you are attempting to lose weight, then you are in the process and that's positive! To me that definitely feels a lot better and for affirmations to work effectively according to Losier, they must not only sound positive, but the feeling behind it must be positive as well.

2 comments:

  1. As a single guy who looks after himself, my weight has been a real pain to maintain. A friend recommended Purity12 weight loss system and I've never looked back. I no longer feel embarrassed to take my shirt off.
    Honestly speaking I was skeptical at first and a little nervous but the staff made me feel really at ease and explained the process in a simple and clear way. It was so easy so I decided to sign up and be a distributor. Try it here. http://if1s.com?XXX
    http://if1s.com?131

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you did well, however it really looks like to me that you are selling something more than a weight loss product.-Elaine

    ReplyDelete